1 Day Trip in Shanghai City

Recently I suddenly recall that I ever created a photoblog to share all my photos. This morning I tried to log in to the blog, I found that I didn't update my blog since 2014, I think I really need to have some update to my blog to share my photos again. Let me share with you my one day trip to Shanghai city during my business trip to Jiangsu in 2015.

The Bund, Shanghai


Shanghai is my first place visited in China, although I just only spent 1-day in Shanghai city, I really get impressed by this wonderful land just in 1 day. I stayed in hotel Sofitel Shanghai located on Nanjing road, the most famous and happening walking street in Shanghai with many shopping malls. After I finished my breakfast, I started my day trip in Shanghai city and head to the first destination Tianzifang. 

Since I need to save my expenses for my day trip, I decided to take the metro to Tianzifang. The nearest metro station in Tianzifang is Dapuqiao Station (打浦桥站). It is very convenient to take the metro in Shanghai, it takes about 27mins from Nanjing road to Tianzifang. You can either take the metro from East Nanjing Road Station (南京东路站) or People's Square Station (人民广场站) on line2 (light green), change to line9 (light blue) at the Century Avenue Station (世纪大道站) interchange and take the metro to Dapuqiao Station (打浦桥站). 



Tianzifang, Shanghai

Tianzifang is a fun place, that is a labyrinth of alleyways chock-full of trinket shops, bars, restaurants, and art galleries. There are many tourists who went there to buy souvenirs and taste local foods. You can get some souvenirs at a reasonable price there, I will recommend walking in a few more stores and bargain with the storekeeper, sometimes you may able to get a very low price souvenir there. At the entrance, you can see a monitor indicate the number of visitors in Tianzifang, so you can be able to estimate the waiting time if you want to have some food and drinks in the cafe. 













After spent about 2~3 hours there, I decided to go to my next destination Yu Garden or Yuyuan (豫园)and City God Temple (上海城隍庙), which located nearby my hotel. Both places are historical sightseeing spots located at Huangpu City, Shanghai, and believed to have need built in Ming Dynasty for more than 400 years. It abuts Yu Garden Bazaar, there are various stores over there, you can found many souvenirs and foods there. You must try the well-known Shanghai Xiao Long Bao (小笼包) and Tang Bao (汤包), it is highly recommended there. I bought some Xiao Long Bao, Tang Bao, and some local snacks in Yu Garden Bazaar.


Yuyuan Garden, Shanghai


















City God Temple, Shanghai













After spending the whole afternoon in Yuyuan Garden, I heading to Shanghai's signature sightseeing spot, The Bund (外滩).  It is about 2km and takes about 25mins to walk from Yuyuan Garden. The Bund, also known as Shanghai Waitan in mandarin, is one of the local famous waterfronts and the symbol of Shanghai. You can see the Oriental Pearl TV Tower across the Huangpu River, the Hong Kong and Shanghai Bank Building, and the Western-style architecture along the Waitan. It is very windy in The Bund, I spent the night and having my dinner (those local snacks bought from Yu Garden Bazaar) while enjoying the night view over there before I went back to the hotel.











Home 主页>>>

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Experience in Jurong Bird Park

Henderson Waves Bridge

Macau & Hong Kong Trip - Day 7 & 8 in Macau (Say Good Bye to Macau & Hong Kong Trip)